- Yerevan State Medical University is enlisted with the World Health Organization ( WHO ) and is recognized by MCI (Medical Council of India), Act of 1956 (Gazette of India, Part II, Sec. 1, Extra, S. No. 83, dt. 31.12.1956), GMC (General Medical Council) of U.K.
- It is a non-commercial leading Government medical University in Eastern Europe.
- Total duration of the Graduate Course is 6 years.
- Annual tuition fee is 5000 USD (1st, 2nd & 3rd year) and 4500 USD ( 4th , 5th & 6th year).
- The tuition fee remains unchanged for the whole duration of the course. Contract is signed at the time of the admission. Tution fee is paid annualy before commencement of each acedemic year.
- Annual first year hostel fee is 500 USD.
- Fee is paid in Armenia in the form of demand draft in favor of the University.
- Academic session commences from 01st September.
- Over 900 Indian students are currently pursuing their graduate and post-graduate courses. Regular Indian batches since 1987.
- Separate hostel wings for boys and girls.
- International hostel is centrally heated and is provided with basic amenities. The hostel complex has a Wi-Fi equiped computer hall, reading room, canteen, laundary service, buffet and mess .
- University provides complimentary breakfast in the hostel. Students do not pay for the electricity or heating and have an access to 24-hours medical care service.
- Average annual personal expenditure is approx. 1500 USD for food and local transportation.
- Indian mess and Indian restaurants are available in Yerevan.
- All the students must have Medical Insurance during the whole period of study.
- Many graduates work successfully in various prestigious hospitals in India, UK, USA and European countries. Only in California, USA more than 500 university graduates carry out practical work.
- After completion of 2nd year of medical school, excellent students can participate in medical scientific work of Scientific Research Center at YSMU.
- The University has summer & winter sport camps and resorts in different parts of Armenia. Special non-expensive rates are available for foreign students.
- Summer vacations are of 8 to 10 weeks in June/July till August end.
- After submission of all the required documents, the eligible student must pass a test conducted by the University officials in New Delhi. Admission letter is be issued on the same day after successfully passing the test and interview. Prior Registration with the Official Representative is a must. Date of the Test to be confirmed from the Representative.
- Eligibility Certificate as previously issued by the Medical Council of India (MCI) is not required anymore for Indian citizens who intend to acquire primary medical qualification from any foreign country on or after 15th May, 2013. http://www.mciindia.org/tools/announcement/Public-notice-Eligibility-07.10.2013.pdf
- According to Indian Medical Council (Amendment) Act, 2001 all the Indian foreign medical graduates have to qualify the FMGE Screening Test securing minimum of 50% marks (MCQs with no negative marking. FMGE Screening Test is conducted twice a year by the National Board of Examinations, New Delhi.
- Over 90% of the Indian students of the previous batches of YSMU have cleared the FMGE Screening Test.
- The University arranges necessary visa to the Republic of Armenia.
- There are several routes to reach Yerevan, Armenia (via Moscow, Vienna, Dubai, Sharjah and Zurich).
- The students are received by the University official at the airport upon arrival at Yerevan.
- Student Residency Card is arranged by the University after students arrival at Armenia.
- M.D. Physician degree is awarded upon successful completion of the course.
- YSMU offers Post-graduate Courses in 27 medical disciplines .